In a recent article by South China Morning Post, our CEO, Kit Wong was interviewed on how amid uncertainty in financial markets (a result of slowing economic conditions and the impending trade war), small investors are turning to private equity. Mr Wong explains:
“That’s because private equity, being a very long-term hold, takes away some of the short-term volatility that people are seeing in the market”.
At the same time, the article shows the decline in the amount of wealth held by high-net-worth individuals globally. This was reported by consulting firm Capgemini for the first time in seven years last year. They reported Global wealth declined by US$2 trillion in 2018, as a result of decline in the Asia-Pacific region and China.
It’s against this backdrop that our wealth management app, LU-Global is stepping in to offer investors a solution. On LU Global investors can:
- Direct their own investments in asset management products
- Choose between a range of traditional open-ended and close-ended funds to private equity.
- Select alternative products with smaller ticket sizes starting from US$1,000
- Invest in globally renowned products from a variety of providers including BlackRock, Citic, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan Asset Management and PIMCO
As the article says, our app reflects a move by the industry to provide more self-directed investing options. Mr Wong sums up LU Global as:
“An app-driven, self-directed, investor-driven experience … [with] alternative products available at smaller ticket sizes for everyone … [giving] everyone a chance to try something different.”
LU-Global began in September 2018 and our credentials include:
- Backed by some of the biggest names in finance including, Ping An Insurance and Lufax, one of China’s largest financial technology companies.
- More than 300,000 registered companies from 19 different nationalities
- An average investment of US$27,000 per person
- Advanced KYC and AML technology and Facial Recognition security
- 100% fully digital online on-boarding experience
- Comprehensive risk profiling tools and digital risk management training services
Our average customer is in his or her 30s to early 40s, with an active interest in investors from the financial and tech industries. And we are striving to reach US$2 billion to US$3 billion in assets under management in the next five years. Watch this space.
To find out more about partnership opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
The full article was first published by South China Morning, view full article here.